Morning (9 AM – Noon) 1970 -1975
Everything that is created comes out of silence
- Oye Como Va = Santana
Good Morning , how are you doing?
- Everyday People = Sly & the Family Stone
Everyday people do extraordinary things
- Smoke On the Water = Deep Purple
- Blue = Joni Mitchell
- Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology) = Marvin Gaye
Afternoon (Noon – 3 PM) 1975 – 1979
Artists make the world they want to be in
- Go Your Own Way = Fleetwood Mac
Every person has to choose their own path
- Walk This Way = Aerosmith
Some people just know what to do and where to go to fulfill their lives
- Show Me the Way = Peter Frampton
Others need to be told which way to start pursuing their goals.
- You Should Be Dancing = Bee Gees
You should be dancing and having a great time pursuing your goals. Not stressed
- LE Freak = CHIC
This is representing whatever “dance” a person may need to do or learn to be unique and successful
Late Afternoon (3 PM -6 PM) 1980 – 1990
Sometimes art is the sound of things going out of control, of a medium pushing to its limits and breaking apart.
- The Message = Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
Sets the tone for things being out of control
- Another One Bites The Dust = Queen
Inevitably, some people and things fall through the cracks along the way.
- Higher Love = Steve Winwood
Most people are looking for some great love to change their lives and make them fee more secure
- Nite and Day = Al B. Sure!
The obsession with people and stuff gets to be consuming
- What’s Love Got To Do With It
Ultimately, we all realize that some of the love we seek is only a distraction and a major cause of the pressure we feel.
Dinner (6 PM – 9 PM) 1990 – 1999
Small dreams work this way: figure out what’s available, then choose your favorite. Important dreams are based on what needs to be done, and then… find your how. It’s always easier to order off the menu. Is easier the goal?
- Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words) = Tony Bennett
I want to reach the pinnacle of my field.
- All I Wanna Do = Sheryl Crow
I want to have fun while I pursue my goals
- Doo Wop (That Thing) = Ms Lauryn Hill
I’m always worried about “that thing” which is my goals
- Blue = LeAnn Rhimes
I have some regrets that I reflect on while I am pursuing
- No Diggity = Blackstreet, Dr Dre
I’m going to “work it” until I reach my goals
Night Party (9 PM – Midnight) Electronic Music
There’s a cost to being ordinary. That cost isn’t as easily felt, but it is real. It’s the cost of boring your audience, of dumping ‘me too’ on people who have something better to do with their time
- Move For Me = Kaskade, deadmau5
This song gets the party started so that there is no boredom.
- Disco Diva – USA EDM Festival Mix = Trendsetter, DJ Burciaga
This song continues the party atmosphere, but suggest that some people may be finding a partner
- You Dancing = WildOnes, Davis Julien
The couples are enjoying the dances
- Delirious (Boneless) = Steve Aoki
The height of a great night out.
- Don’t Stop The Madness = Hardwell